Subject Leader Biology
Required September 2021
Permanent / full-time
Do you see Science as the vehicle by which all children can understand the awe and wonder of the universe they inhabit?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspirational teacher who is passionate about Biology and will be able to lead the subject across the full 11-18 student range at our vibrant and dynamic school.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an incredibly talented faculty, bringing drive, challenge and genuine enjoyment to your lessons. The faculty boast some of the best academic results in the country at GCSE and A Level and would like to appoint someone who can contribute to further successes in the future.
You should be able to demonstrate a proven record of success in raising the achievement and aspirations of students of all abilities across all Key Stages as a teacher or in a leadership role.
The ideal candidate will be one who:
- Genuinely enjoys teaching and is keen to develop his/her practice;
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons;
- Prizes academic excellence and has the determination needed to ensure that his/her lessons are a model of achievement and good practice;
- Has a burning passion which will communicate itself to others and inspire them;
- Is committed to developing a curriculum which will be exciting, innovative and alive;
- Loves working with young people and takes pride and delight in their development and achievement.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and safety of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications to be received: Wednesday 3rd February 2021 9am