In delivering the curriculum, our lessons will be characterised by:
- A burning desire for all children in our care to succeed and a belief that they can.
- Pride, participation and progress.
- Risk-taking and the acceptance that success may not come at the first attempt
- Teachers who clearly love their subject and create inspiring experiences in order to foster in others their sense of awe and wonder and to create a shared thirst for learning.
- A supportive climate in which everyone’s voice matters and all are challenged to think, reason, debate, discuss and collaborate in order to solve problems which have relevance.
- Opportunities for students to question and challenge, critically and evaluatively, in order to gain deep conceptual understanding of topics.
- Activities which demand that students formulate their own questions, develop their own solutions and critique their own performance