Park View is an international school at the heart of a local community where all are expected to aspire to academic excellence whilst behaving with empathy and respect to others.
As a school, we aim to:
- Achieve sustained excellence in every aspect of our work.
- Provide all of our students with a secure, inspiring and stimulating environment in which they will enjoy being challenged to think and engage in their own learning.
- Share our own passion for learning, our subjects and life.
- Foster an understanding of the importance of the written and spoken word in society, both as a tool for communication and a way of expressing complex emotions and thoughts.
- Enable all students to experience success and to become active participants in a learning community which has shared beliefs and values.
- Celebrate the contributions and achievements of all who contribute to our success.
In order to achieve this, we will inspire our students to be creators, dreamers, innovators and pioneers who:
- Are proud of who they are as individuals and what they can achieve, and welcome ownership of their learning and their lives
- Are calculated risk-takers who are confident of their place in the world and in their abilities to affect change
- Are healthy, caring, resilient individuals who have the knowledge, skills, understanding and mindset to be active participants in local, national and global communities.
- Enjoy learning and have the confidence to relish the challenge of being stretched beyond their current limits to investigate and then master new ideas, concepts and skills.
- See reading as a vitally important part of their daily routine, one which will allow them to understand and master the ‘craft’ involved in communicating in speech and writing.
Through achieving these, we aspire to ensure that every child will:
- Gain the necessary attitudes, skills and qualifications needed to take a meaningful place in society.
- Feel cared for, involved and listened to.
- Be noticed and valued as an individual
Our key values centre around:
- Achievement for all
- Participation by all and for all
- Respect for self and others
Our lessons will be characterised by:
- A burning desire for all children in our care to succeed and a belief that they can.
- Pride, participation and progress.
- Risk-taking and the acceptance that success may not come at the first attempt
- Teachers who clearly love their subject and create inspiring experiences in order to foster in others their sense of awe and wonder and to create a shared thirst for learning.
- A supportive climate in which everyone’s voice matters and all are challenged to think, reason, debate, discuss and collaborate in order to solve problems which have relevance.
- Opportunities for students to question and challenge, critically and evaluatively, in order to gain deep conceptual understanding of topics.
- Activities which demand that students formulate their own questions, develop their own solutions and critique their own performance.